Try spautoinstall

Sent from my Windows Phone
------------------------------
From: Roger Carran
Sent: 17-Aug-12 12:25 PM
To: ozMOSS
Subject: RE: Database names with GUIDs

In regards to production builds, PowerShell is really the way to go. You
can specify nice database names for all of them, as well as any other
configuration aspect.

If you have deployed some databases already, this article gives a nice way
to change things:
http://www.bullspit.co.uk/2011/03/19/sharepoint-2010-change-the-name-of-the-administration-content-database.
This is also using PowerShell, which I highly recommend for farm deployment
(I don’t think I’ve done config/deployment through the UI for a long time
now).

There are also some good starting points on TechNet with ready built
examples: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg983005.aspx

Kind Regards,

Roger Carran

*Sharing Minds*

*Knowledge | Communication | Collaboration | Productivity*

*Mobile: 0411 598 110*

*Web: www.SharingMinds.com.au <http://www.sharingminds.com.au/> *

* *

*Thinking about upgrading your Intranet? Then think Sharing Minds!*