Silverlight 3 (at the moment, not sure when the schedule to upgrade to 4 is
yet).
We're using Data annotations though so will have a look at the Validator
class. We're using CSLA so it was tricky getting it working.

One thing I've noticed is that when you get an error in the datagrid it
won't let you change the selected item, its like it locks the selected item
as the first item that gets an error. I'm really hoping SL4 has a nicer
friendlier datagrid. I've heard it is better so looking forward to the
upgrade.