It may fail for you from home too. I just tried it on my machine and it
didn't work. Pinging somesite.com is actually resolving to a real looking IP
address. I'm wondering if either someone is now using it for real?!

it now resolves to 82.98.86.175. I started to think i had the wrong url but
google showed me that somesite.com should resolve to 127.0.0.1. Ah well you
can always put it in your local hosts file. Strange that it doesn't work
anymore.

The main thing is that fiddler needs to be tricked into monitoring local
traffic by using your local loopback of 127.0.0.1. It should be an option in
fiddler but isn't.