Hello all,

While I don't want to (re)ignite an old debate about the usefulness of
keepalive messages, I do have a related question I could use a little
help with.

Keepalive messages are used to check if a peer still remains in the
network and they are also used to ensure a tcp connection does not
timeout and therefore dropped by a router.

But my question is, say I'm in a P2P network and I'm connected to
multiple peers. Is one keepalive message from a single peer, say every 2
minutes, enough to stop my router timing out all my connections? Or do
all peers each have to ensure that their individual connection does not
timeout by regularly sending keepalive messages? If so how regularly?

Okay, so that maybe three questions but at least I'm not a CFP! :)

Kind regards,

Richard.