>> I would like to ask any experts if you think that multicast is a
>> real  peer 2 peer competitor
>> and could decrease streaming traffic in the near ipv6 future.
>
> Multicast is not going to happen on the Internet, at least not in any
> way that would allow it to substitute for P2P.

So RTMFP is just an excuse in case Multicast will not happen , like
tunneling ipv6 over ipv4 ?

Ray Miller has a different opinion:

 >  Multicast Ready for Comeback

http://www.cable360.net/ct/news/ctreports/commentary/Multicast-Ready-for-Comeback_38866.html

regards

Marc

--
Les enfants teribbles - research / deployment
Marc Manthey- Vogelsangerstrasse 97

Please note that according to the German law on data retention,
information on every electronic information exchange with me is
retained for a period of six months.