>>> You can find out yourself this year at IETF. We'll be performing
>>> demonstrations, etc.
>>
>> Hm, do you mean it hasn't really been tested yet at scale, but will
>> start large-scale testing later this year?
>>
>> If so, by "it works very well" do you actually mean "I hope it'll work
>> really well, but we haven't actually tested it yet"?
>
> It's tested and works very well. There are some open source implementations
> and many closed ones.

Ok, so it's been tested and works very well, good. Can you quantify or
support this statement in any way?  Do you have any data whatsoever from
this testing to share?

Basically, is there any open-source implementation of P2P-SIP that has
been tested on >1000 real world nodes (not PlanetLab, not just
universities -- actual DSL and home connections) in such a way that
actually measured the success rate of direct connectivity?

If not, why not, and when?

-david