Michael Rogers wrote:
> However, it's also possible that the length
> distribution doesn't follow a power law at all (eg Chord, where the
> length distribution is exponential and greedy routing is efficient).

Actually, while the frequency of Chord links falls exponentially with
the "level" (not sure what the Chord term is) the length of such links
increases exponentially as well, so in fact the frequency of links with
certain lengths do fall harmonically. One could see Chord as some sort
of "mean field" version of the same dynamics as Kleinberg's model.

> Most DHTs aren't small worlds in the sense used in the Freenet work;
> Symphony[4] is an exception.

All sensible DHTs are small-world networks. If our definition of the
term doesn't imply this, we are getting lost in semantics.

// oskar