Michael Rogers wrote:
Oskar Sandberg wrote:
While making the out-degree arbitrary is easy, changing the
in-degrees while retaining the mathematical results would be
non-trivial. I'm not sure if anybody has done it.

That's interesting - would you mind elaborating? As long as the distribution of edge lengths is right and the edges are independent, why does the in-degree matter?

I doubt it matters to the results, but just off the top of my head I would expect it to complicate things in the proofs because it means that lengths of the long range links are not purely independent at each step. There are probably conditioning arguments to get around it, but it is still non-trivial (for some value of trivial).

// oskar