Have you taken a look at http://www.smartworker.org/ ?  This is another
Perl/mod_perl widget-oriented approach to creating web sites.  It has a lot
of other "enterprise-oriented" modules and code as well, created in order
to support this goal.  (Officially, SmartWorker doesn't consider itself to
be a web site creation kit, but I think that the only display target driver
that was ever fully implemenented was HTML 4.0.)

Other people who are far more into its guts than I am who could talk about
this would be [EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED] (And Scott Wilson and
Kyle Dawkins, but I don't recall their email addresses now.)

Cheers,
Richard

> P.S. It does introduce a new UI paradigm called Widgets,
> whereas the reigning conventional wisdom in web development is
> that templates are the way to go.  In the Widget view, a
> Template could be wrapped in a Widget or Widgets embedded in
> a Template.  I have tried to create a framework which provides
> the most possible benefit to the widest audience, even those
> audiences which don't buy in completely to the P5EE approach
> (or who are migrating code from an old approach).

 Richard Dice * Personal 416 841 7365 * Fax 416 841 7364
 ShadNet Creator * http://shadnet.shad.ca/ * [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Occasional Writer, HotWired * http://www.hotwired.com/webmonkey/
     "squeeze the world 'til it's small enough to join us heel to toe"
         - jesus jones