Well, we had a BOF at OSCON and thanks to everyone who came. I'm
afraid I was a little tired by this time and may have been a little
negative, but here are a couple of things discussed:

Why do we want p5ee? To make more money and make it easier to get a
job.

What is the easier way to get p5ee? Spend millions on marketing.

Where it is now? Nowhere.

Where are IT decisions made? By CTOs on the golf course.

Is J2EE any good? No, but it's a standard of sorts.

etc. etc.

to be honest we went around in circles, but an opinion is that perhaps
we shouldn't rewrite huge codebases without an aim but instead give
the P5EE stamp to high quality CPAN modules instead, eg DBI,
Cache::Cache, .... (this is where we got stuck).

Did I miss any other points? Any opinions?

Leon
--
Leon Brocard.............................http://www.astray.com/
scribot.................................http://www.scribot.com/

.... "Careful. We don't want to learn from this." - Calvin