Hi there,

On Wed, 08 May 2024, 11:38:06 +0200, Manfred Hollstein wrote:
> [...]
> > But Tumbleweed, as you know, is not a pulseaudio system, but a
> > pipewire system, and --audio-backend=pulseaudio is to make the kodi
> > sound via pipewire-pulse. Does it make sense?
> > I think it's rather unnecessary.
>
> On Tumbleweed my patch does not change anything. So you're right in that
> the change was only relevant for Leap. The more I think about it, I
> agree with you that we should disable all PW stuff on Leap, but leave PA
> and PW enabled for Tumbleweed.

This is now <https://pmbs.links2linux.org/request/show/6048>; once Sagi
approves it, Kodi on Leap does not consider any Pipewire stuff at all
and defaults to use PulseAudio only. Nothing is changed on Tumbleweed,
as the default setup works; depending on the user specific configuration
or setup, one can still specify which audio-backend should be used -
the default on Tumbleweed remains Pipewire with a _normal_ installation,
i.e. no locks to rule-out Pipewire. If pipewire-pulseaudio does not
exist, like on two of my systems used as HTPCs, and pulseaudio exists,
then the start script automatically adds "--audio-backend=pulseaudio",
but again, this is not a _normal_ installation!

@Sagi: can you please review this change?

Cheers.

l8er
manfred