Can you get to your LAN machine from another machine on the Internet (not
on your LAN?). If YES, then there's a problem with your PQA. If NO, then
all's well, since this means your intranet machine is not visible from the
internet.
This has nothing to do with "realism" - it has everything to do with
network set-up. If you want your machine visible, it has to have a public
IP address and a way to route from the internet to your machine. Yeah,
it's a pain, but it's a good pain, as it protects your internal network and
cuts down the amount of excess traffic is on it (I could imagine how I'd
explain to my son that he can't print from his computer because someone on
the internet is killing the LAN in the house!).
At 07:13 AM 3/1/00 -0500, you wrote:
>On am working on a WebClipping PQA and am having on little
>problem. EVerything works fine as long as all of the hypertext links
>point to the web, but if I try to reference a machine on my intranet I get
>a server error 500. Is the emulator going a little to
>far with realism and not letting me talk to a LAN machine, or do I have to
>configure something to allow the emulator to see local
>machines.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Kurt
>
>
>--
>For information on using the Palm Developer Forums, or to unsubscribe,
>please see http://www.palm.com/devzone/mailinglists.html
__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.
http://im.yahoo.com
--
For information on using the Palm Developer Forums, or to unsubscribe, please see
http://www.palm.com/devzone/mailinglists.html