At 12:00am -0700 00-05-16, Palm Developer Forum digest wrote:
>Subject: Re: Detecting a graffiti tap - solution?
>From: David Fedor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 11:46:09 -0700
>
>  >Here's the question, though: I reliably get a nil event on a single tap
>  >in the graffiti area with each OS I've tried (3.1 through 3.5), but is
>  >this an undocumented side effect or a "real" occurrence I can rely on?

You'll get a penDownEvent in your event loop when the user taps in
the Graffiti area...so (unless I'm missing something) the problem is
how to determine the location of the tap, before calling
SysHandleEvent.

To do this you can use the EvtGetSilkscreenAreaList trap on 3.5 ROMs.
Prior to that, the Graffiti areas were always hard-coded, though in
different locations depending on whether it was a Latin device or a
Japanese device. I believe the bounds were:

Latin -
        top     164
        left    27
        height  56