At 12:00am -0700 00-05-17, Palm Developer Forum digest wrote:
>Subject: Re: Detecting a Graffiti tap
>From: Dave Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 14:51:30 -0700
>
>Ken Krugler wrote:
>
>  >You'll get a penDownEvent in your event loop when the user taps in
>  >the Graffiti area...so (unless I'm missing something) the problem is
>  >how to determine the location of the tap, before calling
>  >SysHandleEvent.
>Ah, that's what I had overlooked: there is a penDown event, I just wasn't
>seeing it in my form handler, because SysHandleEvent swallowed it.
>
>The location of the tap is in the event data, so I think I can just call
>WinGetDisplayExtent and see if the tap is outside that. Anyone see a
>problem with that?

Yes, as long as you want any tap in a non-screen area (e.g. a tap in
the menu silkscreen button vs. a tap in the Graffiti area) to behave
the same way. Also this technique won't work if somebody makes a
device with the Graffiti area in a different location relative to the
display.

-- Ken

Ken Krugler
TransPac Software, Inc.