The Beamer application that is included in the sample source in the
3.5 SDK shows how to create and edit a bitmap on the device. This
version supports color bitmaps using the new 3.5 APIs, but will also
run on any older device. It includes code to detect the system
version and use the correct APIs available in the ROM it is running
on. In older ROM versions it supports only 1 bit depth bitmaps. The
application can beam itself as well as the bitmaps it creates to
other devices.

--- Gavin