>In a message dated 10/31/00 3:08:19 PM Mountain Standard Time,
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>writes:
>
>> > In my app I need to have a variable number of 32x32 pixel
>bitmaps. I
>can't
>>  > limit my user base to those with >=3.5, but there is no
>bitmap API for
>> below
>>  > there. Any suggestions?
>>
>>  What do you mean?  Bitmaps are a recognized datatype back
>to PalmOS 1.0
>> AFAIK.
>
>Sorry I wasn't precise enough...they need to be dynamic bitmaps,
>made/edited/deleted at runtime.
>
>( }#^} Ritz

Sorry about this, but your only bet is to release 2 versions if you
want to be safe.  The old method of direct screen writing and reading
is pretty hackish and no longer supported in the new versions of the
Palm OS.  There are still examples of those methods floating around,
though, and I still have a few around somewhere (it's just an old
signature capture deal, though).  Make a version for pre 3.1 (or 3.2),
and make a version that works for 3.5 and up.  That's what I usually
do, and it works alright for me.

Hope that helps!
-Rus
http://www.act.avnet.com/