Tim Charron wrote:
> > That is not good enough.  I want to completely replace the default Launcher
> > so that my application will be the first thing that comes up even if you do
> > a hard reset.
>
> Well, you can detect a hard reset by looking for the launcher command:
>
>    if (cmd==sysAppLaunchCmdSystemReset)
>     if ((((SysAppLaunchCmdSystemResetType*)cmdPBP)->hardReset)) {
>         SetAnAlarm();
>     }
>
> Then, in your SetAnAlarm() function, you could change the silk-screen
> apps button to yourself, and then when the alarm triggers, do a UI app
> switch to yourself.  (remember, you need to let the boot up procedure
> finish, so you can't just take over from within the
> sysAppLaunchCmdSystemReset code).
>
> -- Tim

No, you can't do anything when a hard reset happens, because your app will
no longer be there.  Let's make sure you've got the "reset terminology"
right:

Soft Reset: reset the palm device using either a software controlled reset
app or the reset pin on the back of the device.

Hard Reset: Hold down reset pin on back of device, hold down power button,
release reset pin, release power button.  You'll be asked to delete all
data.  Press "Up" for yes, now you have a clean, factory setting device,
with nothing on it except what was in rom (or flash ram).

For more information see the FAQ:
http://www.palmgear.com/faq/faq.cfm?sid=25185820001017154016&faqID=26&catID=2

--
Brian Mathis