"Scott Johnson (Bellevue)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message

> > From: Christian Vandendorpe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> > Gee I dont know what all the slack about CW is.
>
> On thing is: there are some users for whom the monetary cost of the
software
> is important (often paying for it out of pocket) and other users where
cost
> is not an issue (often because the employer pays for it automatically).
> Those in the first group seem to raise the most issues about the
> cost-vs-benefit of this upgrade, and those in the latter group (including
> me) seem to be the most satisfied about the cool new features and fixes.

Palm is doing something to address the no-money group -- the last session of
he show was a talk from the Palm tools group, announcing that Palm would
have free compilers, linkers, debuggers, and a new resource editor for Mac,
Windows, and Linux sometime in the future before the ARM Palms are released.
These will plug into Visual Studio (on Windows) and CodeWarrior (on Mac),
plus command line versions will be released for all three.

BTW, they have NOT committed into plugging into CodeWarrior on Windows or
Linux.  I really want that, because my company is looking seriously into
standardizing on CW everywhere.  Plus, I'm weird and I prefer CW's debugger
and editor over Visual Studio's.

--
Ben Combee
Veriprise Wireless <http://www.veriprise.com>