I would like to create my own battery meter to visually display the battery
level when my app is running.  I have searched the Palm app source code as
well as the newsgroup for ideas on how to do this but could not find
anything.

I am particularly interested in:

1. How to display the visual battery on the screen.  Some sort of gadget
with a bitmap on top of it perhaps?

2. How to continually poll the battery so the display can be updated?  Would
it be best to do this with an alarm, and if so how often is a reasonable
amount of elapsed time without hogging processor time.

If anyone can steer me in the right direction on how to do this I would
appreciate it.  Thanks.