Ok.. I've given up trying to figure this one out, so I am turning it over to
the brain trust of the list... consider this code (Yes, I know there is no
event loop, don't fret that.. that's not where the problem is):

DWord PilotMain(Word cmd, Ptr cmdPBP, Word launchFlags)
{
 Err err;
 // Check for a normal launch.
 if (cmd == sysAppLaunchCmdNormalLaunch)
  {
    sRegPrefs RegPrefs;
    Word wSize = sizeof(sRegPrefs);
    Int16 prefVer = PrefGetAppPreferences('MYID', 0, &RegPrefs, &wSize,
true);
  }
 return 0;
}

Now.. start a fresh POSE session and run this under the debugger.. prefVer
equals 1 .. the only two values it SHOULD equal according to the
documentation is 0 or -1 (noPreferencesFound).

Now for the really strange part.. end your debug session and go to the
launcher app of POSE. Use the launcher's delete function to delete the
application.. now run the application under the debugger again.. and voila!
prefVer is now -1

Is this a POSE bug or am I doing something else wrong? I'm running POSE
v3.0a8.

Bradly J. Barton - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Jenies Technologies Incorporated
(972) 602-1835