-----Original Message-----
From: Tilo Christ [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, 11 January 2002 9:41
To: Palm Developer Forum
Subject: Re: Can Palm device access LAN TCP/IP

> All you need is already included in Windows. On Windows NT/2k you use the
RAS server as the equivalent of the > Unix pppd, on Win 9x
> it is called DUN (dial-up networking), which contains a little known PPP
server as well.

Well, I tried something like that few month ago on W2K.

Went to 'Make New Connection' 'Accept Incoming Connection' ... and got stack
there because it didn't list COM2 as an option. Direct cable connection
support was there, and COM1 (the modem port) was listed, but not COM2 !

I sweared (which I almost never do!) and switched to Linux.

Michael