There are many places selling a cable that allows you to connect a Palm with
USB hotsync interface to a cell phone.  The cable is relatively cheap, ~40
bucks.

If the cell phone company has wireless support, you can go on internet with no
problem.

If you want to connect it to a PC...I am not sure what kind of protocal is
used.  You may have to write a driver for a pc.

One other option is to use infrared.  I did manage to have a network connection
between my linux and visor edge via infrared.  However it sucks because I have
to hold it to the ir port on my laptop.

Max

=====