In article <87618@palm-dev-forum>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] says...
> One more problem that I am having, is accessing bitmap data on pre OS 3.5.
> On 3.5 I can use BmpGetBits (and I was never doing that every frame :) and
> on pre 3.5 I am using just incrementing my BitmapPtr by sizeof(BitmapType)
> because the documentation says that the bitmap data is stored just after the
> BitmapType struct. My bitmaps do not have colour tables, but getting a
> pointer via this method just gives me garbage, anyone know where I'm going
> wrong?
>
>       u1* dataPtr;
>       BitmapPtr bmPtr;
>
>       dataPtr = (u1*)(bmPtr + sizeof(BitmapType));

Write

        dataPtr = (u1*)(bmPtr + 1);

or

        dataPtr = (u1*)((char *)bmPtr + sizeof(BitmapType));

Remember that adding 1 to a pointer increments it by the size of what it
points to.  You were effectively incrementing your pointer by sizeof
(BitmapType) squared.

--
Ben Combee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CodeWarrior for Palm OS technical lead