Aaron Ardiri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> i dont know why the CWR9 on mac not happening is news to most of you.
> i was pretty sure i was told (maybe it was personal email) that CWR9 was
> going to be a windows only release (no questions asked).

It's "news" simply because Metrowerks told us that nothing was set in
concrete when V9 was released for Windows only (though we all had a feeling
in our guts right?) and that we should write to them and state our case very
nicely. They gave us some hope that we could change things...

These comments came from MW Ron shortly after CW9 was announced, outlining
the notion that there was always a chance.

"There are several factors that have to be considered if or when we phase
out the Macintosh tools and Metrowerks does want to do what is the best for
the totality of our Palm developers."

and

"Metrowerks will develop a policy statement that clarifies what our position
will be regarding deployment on the Mac OS X platform until then there is no
absolute."

Gavin.