Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I figured it is in the Linker settings, but I'm not
sure how to find those.  I do know that I got a
bunch of messages when I first loaded the project that said the project was
made for a later version of CodeWarrior, and was
asked if I wanted to "convert" it.  I said yes, then tried to do the build.
What you say makes sense, though I would have
thought the conversion would have been handled correctly.  I'll keep poking
around on it, and I'll suggest to the client that a
later version of Codewarrior is necessary, but I don't expect much progress
there.

Thanks for the help!

Bye,

John

Ben Combee wrote:

> At 04:19 PM 1/8/2005, you wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I have recently inherited a project to develop an application for the Treo
> >600.  I have 20 years of C programming experience but none for the Palm
> >platform.  I also inherited a copy of CodeWarrior for Palm Computing
> >Platform, Release 6.  I have downloaded the OS 5 SDK, and after installing
> >Codewarrior and expanding the downloaded SDK file, I followed the rather
> >cryptic instructions to "install" the SDK into the CodeWarrior IDE.  To
> >check it all out, I figure I should be able to build one of the examples
> >from the SDK.  I chose "MineHunt".
> >
> >Much to my surprise, my initial build attempt resulted in a Link Error -
> >"symbol 'main' is undefined".  I am brand new to the Palm development
> >effort, but I understand that the normal entry point for a Palm
> >application is "PilotMain".  I assume that the symbol "main" is in the
> >startupcode.lib file, but for some reason is not being resolved correctly.
> >
> >So, what I need help on is what settings of the example project do I need
> >to adjust to allow this symbol "main" to be defined?  Any help would be
> >appreciated.
>
> It sounds like your project isn't using the correct linker
> settings.  Unfortunately, the Palm OS 5 SDK was designed for CodeWarrior
> for Palm OS V8 and later, so it's going to be difficult to use with V6.  In
> particular, V6 isn't going to reliably debug to either the OS 5 simulator
> or devices.
>
> I think what happened is that the MineHunt project was in a newer format,
> so CW reverted the 68K Linker and 68K Project settings, and you're actually
> trying to build a Mac OS application, not a Palm OS app.
>
> -- Ben Combee, Technical Lead, Developer Services, PalmSource, Inc.
>     "Combee on Palm OS" weblog: http://palmos.combee.net/
>     Developer Forum Archives:   http://news.palmos.com/read/all_forums/

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(714)846-8389 (home)