Oops. Remember that the new OS that came from Access will stil run Palm OS.

If Your company is a end user, pay $25 per license isn't expensive. My problem is because We're the solution developer. Pay por each client that will use our app is very expensive.

We've about 5.000 users of our app today, so $125.000,00 is a lot of money to me. :-(

I don't known AppForge very well. I already listen bad things about the platform and good things about that...

So, I don't known what is really true. I only known that C and C++ is a highlander and never dies.

Ingbert Grimpe wrote:
Regis melo wrote:
AppForge? It's a very expensive tool because the fees per device... (US$25,00 per Palm, I think)

I don't know all cross-platform tools ;) So we can add SuperWaba to the list.

BTW, price is relative.
Appforge allows to use VB and .NET which means that a programmer does not need too much (he/she still needs time to get used to PDA dev of course!) time to get used to the environment. Programmer's time is also money. And Appforge basically focuses on more Enterprise-like customers - they do not really care about 25$ for a client.

Still, the best solution for the problem that Lance explained (what if a mission critical device/OS is not available anymore) obviously is not to focus on the device too much but more on the development toolkit: How easy will it be to switch to a different platform if the previous platform vanishes from the market?