On 5 Nov 2006 17:10:57 -0000, Rafael Garcia-Suarez  wrote
One possibility is that you're using an old version of Scalar::Util.
refaddr() has been added in 1.09.

Yeah, that's my guess, too. But the real problem is:
why does it show only for the PAR-packed case?
Possible explanations:

- Scalar::Util (from packing system) isn't packed in,
 older version from executing system is used instead
 TODO: why wasn't it detected by Module::ScanDeps?
- Scalar::Util is packed in, but still the older version is used
 TODO: check @INC of packed executable
- somehow older Scalar::Util is packed in, because
 PAR was built on another system, or built on the packing system,
 but with an older version of perl or Scalar::Util and this
 old version has been frozen into PAR and is injected
 from there into newly packed executables (I just checked:
 parl.exe - the prototypical packed executable - definitely
 has a copy of Scalar::Util embedded)
 TODO: anamnesis of PAR on the packing machine

Cheers, Roderich