David Golden wrote:
On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 11:37 AM, Bob Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
1. Strawberry perl.
  pro: uses cpan and is more like rest of perls.
  con: isn't listed on cpan as tested for various modules.
  con: never used it before.

Not sure what you mean as "listed on cpan as tested".  For what it's
worth, I run a Strawberry Perl CPAN Testers smoke testing machine and
have submitted over 3,000 test reports for Strawberry Perl.  Most
pure-perl modules work.  The ones that have problems are ones that try
to do things with fork or signals that don't work on Windows.  The XS
based modules that have problems are ones that assume certain
libraries are installed.

Some fixes for particular modules can be found on win32.perl.org.

Regards,
David
For example when I go this page:
http://bbbike.radzeit.de/~slaven/cpantestersmatrix.cgi?dist=PAR+0.977

I only see mswin32 listed and it doesnt tell me what that means activatestate or strawberry or etc.