On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 12:55 PM, Bob Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is there any problems with having 2 perl's installed on one machine. Like
> cygwin and strawberry? Obviously I would have to change the path to put
> either strawberry or cygwin in the path. Is there deeper things like
> reqistry entries etc. ?

There are definitely path issues.  Plenty of modules just assume they
can call "perl" instead of $^X so you'll get whatever is first in the
PATH instead.  Ditto calling some of the binaries that get installed
as .bat files.

I don't think there are registry entry issues -- if you've associated
.pl files you may need to change that, but currently Strawberry Perl
at least doesn't configure that automatically.

David