Fri Jan 22 06:44:02 2010: Request 52794 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by snaury
       Queue: PAR-Packer
     Subject: Multiple tests failing on strawberry perl
   Broken in: 1.001
    Severity: (no value)
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: javier...@gmail.com
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=52794 >

Птн Янв 22 06:28:38 2010, snaury писал:
> So maybe this bug with backslashes was there for a very long time,
> suddenly starting to cause test failures.

Ok, I did some more tests and to recap what was and is going on:

- As far back as pp 0.991 it failed to pack files with backslashes in
its path, but it until 0.992_04 it didn't show up in tests, because
PERL* variables weren't cleared and test executables picked up from
blib/lib (path to blib/lib during test has lots of backslashes)
- With Strawberry 5.10.0, once pp is installed, it appeared to sort of
work, since @INC typically contained forward slashes only and all
needed files were packed
- With Strawberry 5.10.1 path to vendor has backslashes and generated
executables no longer pack PAR/Heavy.pm, among other things, leading to
completely useless executables. Even though 0.991 doesn't fail tests,
problems are really visible on packed executables, since they don't
work without Strawberry Perl anymore.

I will try testing it with Perl 5.8, but now I really don't think s{\\}
{/} is needed for @inc.