Tue Feb 02 07:11:44 2010: Request 52794 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by snaury
       Queue: PAR-Packer
     Subject: Multiple tests failing on strawberry perl
   Broken in: 1.001
    Severity: (no value)
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: javier...@gmail.com
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=52794 >

Чтв Янв 28 14:39:49 2010, m.noon...@comcast.net писал:
> I am betting you have not installed PAR::Packer before, or you have a
> clean Perl install.
> PAR Packer will not install on a clean Windows Perl 5.10.1
installation.

> I think there are two problems.  First, it has a circular reference to
> PAR/Filter/PodStrip.pm.  That is, PAR.pl needs it in a number of
places.

You seem to misunderstand the issue. There are no circular dependencies
like that. The problem is that it should pack this file into the
executable, but it doesn't (on Strawberry Perl) due to backslashes in
$INC. And we didn't see this error on earlier versions, because earlier
versions didn't clear PERL5LIB/etc.

> I installed with force so that PAR/Filter/PodStrip.pm was installed.
> Upon rerun, all the t/20 tests pass but the Win32/Exe.pm

When you install with force you are just masking the issue. You are
installing PAR::Packer into site and it means that now when testing it
picks PAR/Filter/PodStrip.pm from site instead of blib, but it still
fails to pack PAR itself (PAR/Heavy.pm), that's installed in vendor
(with backslashes). Yes, executables will work on your machine, but
will fail to work on any other machine that doesn't have Strawberry
Perl installed.