Sun Feb 07 12:07:09 2010: Request 42986 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by RSCHUPP
       Queue: PAR
     Subject: PAR-based modules use system XS modules over included modules
   Broken in: 0.984
    Severity: Important
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: t...@cpan.org
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=42986 >

On Sat Feb 06 08:35:17 2010, RSCHUPP wrote:

> Did you build PAR::Packer on the same system you're doing
> the packing? Or did you build it somewhere else (or got it
> from a distro)?

While we're at it: if your.exe is the packed executable from
the example above, please run

$ strings -a your.exe

and search for the string "File/Temp.pm" in the output.
You should be looking at something like:

6b3c9548/File/Temp.pm
9#line 1 "/usr/share/perl/5.10/File/Temp.pm"
package File::Temp;
#line 138
# 5.6.0 gives us S_IWOTH, S_IWGRP, our and auto-vivifying filehandls
# People would like a version on 5.004 so give them what they want :-)
use 5.004;
use strict;
use Carp;
use File::Spec 0.8;
use File::Path qw/ rmtree /;

That's actually a copy of File/Temp.pm - scroll down a bit and look for

$VERSION = ...

If that's the same version as on your target system (or at least
older than that on your build system) I have an idea what's
going on :)

Cheers, Roderich