Wed Feb 10 01:44:53 2010: Request 42986 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by TJC
       Queue: PAR
     Subject: PAR-based modules use system XS modules over included modules
   Broken in: 0.984
    Severity: Important
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: t...@cpan.org
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=42986 >

Should this issue still occur with executable packed archives?

I ask because I am having a shot at that method instead, but still seem
to be having the same problem.
If i look in the unpacked /tmp/par-username/cache-xxxx/ directory, I see
that I have version 2.024 of the .pm and .so files, but when I attempt to
run the executable, I am told that it can't as object version 2.008 does
not match bootstrap parameter 2.024. (The source system has 2.024, the
target system has 2.008 installed).