Wed Feb 10 20:09:27 2010: Request 42986 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by TJC
       Queue: PAR
     Subject: PAR-based modules use system XS modules over included modules
   Broken in: 0.984
    Severity: Important
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: t...@cpan.org
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=42986 >

On Wed Feb 10 18:14:24 2010, TJC wrote:
> On Wed Feb 10 04:59:03 2010, RSCHUPP wrote:
> > If you rebuild PAR::Packer on your building system
> > it will pick up the current versions of these modules.
>
> I'm fairly sure that PAR::Packer was built after those modules, since
it
> (and PAR) were the modules that required these things to be updated
from
> the default-installed versions. However I will rebuild it again and
see.

Hmm, nope, same problem after rebuilding PAR::Packer.

I think there might be a problem with the @INC order..
The old, system version of Compress::Raw::Zlib still exists, in
/usr/lib/perl/5.10.0, and the new version is in
/usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0.
The latter version is higher in @INC and is the version picked up by
modules.. However it seems like pp is picking up the older version for
some reason?

.. Actually, I have deleted those copies, then rebuild PAR and
PAR::Packer, then rebuild my test script (pp -o blah blah.pl) and I am
*still* getting the error regarding versions on the target system.