Hello,

I have most part of the solution. The --reusable option did the trick.

Here how I did it:

pp-o packed_script--reusable main_script.pl

# part in the main_script.pl where the helper script is invoked

my $cmd;
if( defined $ENV{PAR_TEMP} )
{
    $cmd = "$0 --par-options --reuse helper_script.pl";
}
else
{
    $cmd = "perl helper_script.pl";
}

# execute external command

Problems which still have to be solved. Help is welcome.

1.) helper_script.pl is not part of the packed executable
--> helper_script.pl shall be within the packed executable

2.) needed modules of "helper_script.pl" also have to be part of the packed executable

The solution is near. I hope you can help me to fix the last two open points. I'll investigate too and post updates when I know more.

Cheers,
Dirk