Thu Jul 09 11:10:58 2015: Request 102709 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by ZDM
       Queue: PAR-Packer
     Subject: Unable to handle SIG interrupts
   Broken in: (no value)
    Severity: (no value)
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: gab...@gmail.com
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=102709 >

1. According to MSDN - CTRL+C have a special behavior only for console
applications. For GUI - developer should manually catch and process
corresponded windows message (CTRL+C is not generates SIGINT for the gui apps).

2. About "it doesn't run properly without the parent app and does not exit",
etc...

Child still run properly, can receive signals, print something to console, but
parent has been exited - so console become free for user input. I can type and
execute another console command. But child process still attached to this
console instance and his output become mixed with new commands, etc...

Another thing - if I use something like this:

print 'Press ENTER to continue...';
<STDIN>;

this not works. I think - this is because console catch <ENTER> key press and
process it without sending to the child process. Or maybe STDIN for child
process become closed.

All this problems are not observed if parent process is attached to the console.