I am curious to hear what Sean has to say.

But, say the batch system returns right away after the job is submitted, I think we can doctor the command so that it will live for a while longer, what about something like this:

   ssh -R XXXX:localhost:YYYY remote_machine "submit_my_job.sh && sleep
   100d"

pat marion wrote:
Hey just checked out the wiki page, nice! One question, wouldn't this command hang up and close the tunnel after submitting the job?
   ssh -R XXXX:localhost:YYYY remote_machine submit_my_job.sh
Pat