Berk Geveci wrote:
I would like export in an xdmf format the results of a 1D numerical
simulation. Using "polyline" I have created a test file and I am able to
visualize the line in paraview. However I have some issues:

1) I would like to visualize a 3D cylinder instead of the line. However,
tube filter is always gray and I cannot use it;

You data is an unstructured grid (even though it is just polylines)
and the tube filter expects a polydata. Try "Extract Surface" to
convert to polydata. I made a note that filters like this should work
with unstructured grids. I will file a feature request.

Dear Berk,

thank you for the help. With the "extract surface filter" it works fine.
I agree that would be nice to use directly the tube filter also with the Polyline objects.
Unfortunately I get confused from this page:

http://cs.unc.edu/~taylorr/Comp715/ParaView3_2_Tutorial.html

where it is stated: "For example, if the current object is of type structured grid, the tube filter will not be active in the 'Filters' menu since it can be only applied to polylines."

2) If I try to use the plot over line filter I get a segmentation fault;
3) If I try to see the grid connectivity with the related filter, I get a
message error.

Probably there is something wrong in my data file, however I cannot find it.
Could you help me, please?

There is indeed something wrong. I suspect that the polyline is
pointing to a point id that does not exist. Keep in mind that ids
start at 0 not 1. Maybe that's the problem?
Yes you are right. I tried a lot of options to make it working, and before sending the email I forgot to remove the BaseOffset. That is my fault. Sorry!

  Cristiano