Hi Crystal, if your using windows x p some of your trouble could be coming from their messages.
When you open roxio, you will be present with the directory from your c drive.
When you arrow down you will se your folders. if you want to GE in to a folder you just click on it.
If the folder is some where else, like your desk top, then shift tab and roxio says move up a level. Hit the space bar at that point.
One more thing, before you start your project tap the alt key and chose new then data or music if it is a wave file your going to put on your cd.
Then after the files AR as you like them, tap the alt key arrow down to record. Go through the options and the last thing you will se as you tab is o k.
Regards Ken