To: "PC audio discussion list. " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 1:48 PM
Subject: splitting a large wave file into smaller files

Hi everyone. What I have here is 1 huge wave file consisting of ten tracks and I want to splet it into ten individual tracks. Any suggestions as to what software to use to accomplish this task? I have a program that will easily do this for Windows Media files, but I don't want to keep converting the file type back and forth. Could Goldwave do the job? I suspect so, but thus far I've only managed to get it to trim the excess sound off of the beginning and end of the one large wave file. I don't mind purchasing shareware to complete my task as long as it's within reason. Also, I would prefer to do the job by marking the file at the points where I want to split it. I've tried programs that split files automatically and have been less than impressed with results. Can anyone suggest the best method of doing what I need to do here?

My thanks for the expertise.

Larry