i chris i would use cdex to rip cd's cause it is free too could never figure out how to rup cd's with windowsmedia player.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Cris Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "pc audio" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 8:23 AM
Subject: cd ripping

At the beginning of this year, I ripped our cd collection using windows media player. I used it because it was free and easily available, and it seemed to work reasonably well. Now that I have winamp pro, I would be interested in comparisons between the two, as well as people`s thoughts, in general, about cd ripping. I make no claims about windows media player being the best, but what`s done is done.
Many thanks,
Cris Hall