Hello,

I have been reading this thread with interest and have a few comments. I do think the XM on line site should be made more accessible but I do differ with some of the comments made by users of the radios who say they are a snap to use and quite accessible. They are, in fact, just barely accessible. Let me explain.

I can, as has been stated by others, listen to my XM radios with little trouble. I can choose the stations I want by number or move up and down the dial with little trouble. The problem is that this is only the bare bones minimum of what is available for my monthly service. I have a Myfi portable unit for example which is a wonderful device. I can do all the things I have stated on it with ease.

But here are some of the features I can't use.
1. I can't read the display to get the artist and title of the song.
2. I can't set the presets.
3. the other day the unit got locked and I didn't know why until I discovered which button to press and how to press it to unlock it.
4. The Myfi allows for programmed recording of events much like a VCR records TV programs which I cannot do because I can't see the screen.
5. After recording my selections it is possible, if you can see, to rotate the selection wheel and go through a list of all the songs which played during the recorded item and select only the one or ones you want to hear.
6. my car radio and my Bose stereo require the XM radio to be set at different volumes for undistorted listening. I have to have my driver do this because it can only be done on the screen.
7. here's one I forgot. On the Myfi unit you can select an artist you like and be advised every time that artist's music is playing on any channel, if, of course, you can see the screen.

There are others such as knowing the battery level or satellite strength but I think you get the picture.

Now I'm not meaning to whine about the unfairness of it all but I think we need to continue to let manufacturers and service providers know about our needs. I'm now still kicking myself for not getting an XM PCR when they were available. Finally, I think XM is a great service and I hope we can do something about not only the web site but the radios as well.

Karl