Hi, Ron,

It's not clear to me if you want a player capable of playing CDs with
MP3 files on them or are you copying the MP3 files off the CD and
player, then I recall the Sony CD players have a dependable resume
feature. I have no experience with them for the last couple years but
at that time they were coming out with more models that could play
MP3 files on a CD.
You've already received some info on MP3 players. In my experience, I
really like the iriver IFP-700 and 800 series of flash based players.
They have an exact book mark feature for where you leave off, even
when the battery dies. My only gripe with the 2 IFP 795 models I've
owned is that switches in the joystick control have failed in 7 to 9
months. Dont know how common that experience is with others.
For more information on the iriver IFP players you can listen to MP3 reviews at
www.BlindCoolTech.com

hth,
Jeff