Thanks.  Found it.  After picking it, RP seemed to lock up to where I couldn't
close it and had to listen to an "advertizement."  I can understand why some
people hate this ap.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dana S. Leslie
  To: PC audio discussion list.
  Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2006 6:58 PM
  Subject: Re: Real Player Basics

  Gary,

  It's been a long time since I've done this, so I'm operating from memory. If
  some of these suggestions don't work, let me know, and I'll try to figure
  out what I'm overlooking.

  When you start Realplayer, the first thing you want to do is maximize the
  window. (The menubar won't read properly until you do.)

  Then, go to Tools, Preferences. The dialogue is arrange as a tree view. At
  the top of the tree view are the general preferences. Highlight this branch,
  and tab once. This should take you to an option where you can select Player
  Only (no media browser), to open at start up. I think choosing this option
  will eliminate the apparent web page that comes up when you first start the
  program.

  Let me know if these suggestions work. If so, we can look at other
  preference options that make Realplayer easier to access.