I have a 250 gig hard drive and a 150 gig external drive.  At some point,
I'm going to want to add additional external drive capacity.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Dane Trethowan
Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2007 10:34 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Output format tips needed:

Well a couple of things here, I do it all the time for a variety of reasons.
I now have a DVD player that plays DVD Discs and all audio formats I've put
past it, these include FLAC, MP3 and AAC/M4A and it was quite a cheap unit
too, the Pioneers should do the job.
Next, I have all my CD'S on DVD'S as Cue/FLAC format, this means that I can
use a ripper like EAC, Max or Easy CD DA extractor to copy a file pair and
have that pair converted to an exact Audio CD of my source, convert
instantly to another format such as MP3 etc so you may wish to consider
this.
I'm going away myself now from DVD to hhard drive, as has been mentioned
before they're so damn cheap these days and the storage capacity is so good
but then again, I started with DVD'S and you have to start somewhere
<smile>.