Ok, well here's my view for what its worth. Sharp is like all the
other company's, they make some cheap trash but on the other hand
their high-end stuff is absolutely superb, take their digital amps
for example.
I have a shar stereo here, its vintage now and back in its day it was
one of the cheaper one's and boy! is it cheap and because of its
cheapness Sharp cut corners in the design, perhaps Sharp have shown
the way forward in this area to other manufacturers <smile>
The dual decks are mounted one behind the other, play in front and
record behind, this essentually means that you have one set of
controls for both decks, now if one were to use electronics and
processing to handle this then it would be a complete breeze but this
deck is a mechanical model so you're bound to get problems, too right
there <smile>