On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 22:50:37 -0600, you wrote:

>So, if I understand you right taking audio from a cd to flac would not
>improve over what was on the original cd?  So, I am guessing that the flac
>format would only be worth using if you were recording original material
>from a live source?

Huh?  How do you improve on an original?  That's a total non secuitor
to me.  What's on a CD is as good as it gets. Any improvement would be
subjective.  You'd only be amplifying or attenuating certain frequency
ranges, or changing the overall dynamic comnpression characteristics
of the audio if you messed with it.