I believe the ist is perfect in its present configuration.  Anything added
or taken away would make it a worse product.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Mike Pietruk
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 1:57 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: RE: Free-For-All Friday

Albert

Right, bigger isn't better; but what is better is having to draw from a
wider array of individuals when opinions or suggestions are sought.
I am guessing, based on what I am reading here, is that twice a month is
probably too much; but a few times a year, such as Friday the 13ths or
quarterly, probably wouldn't overtax the list.
I get the sense that Tom is trying to think out of the box unlike some 2nd
or 3rd generation list owners, who reflexively say "that's the way it always
was and, hence, must be."
Well, my study of the Bible has not let me to find any mandated rules or
precepts for any given email list meaning that, as they were created by man,
man is free to change them as seen fit.
And, oh yes, an owner can do whatever they wish with their lists as "on
topic" is a relative term which an owner can make as broad or narrow as
desired.
Of course, if list recipients don't agree with the owner's approach, the
owner may have his list (with his beloved rules) but no posts.

Tom, in this instance, has not suggested the changing of guidelines on a
permanent basis.  What he has suggested is trying, at least on a one day
basis, something different which may or may not work.

I can see folks reacting negatively if this was to be a permanent change of
direction.  No where do I see this being advocated here.