Mike, are you volunteering to host a list devoted to informational podcasts?
smile

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Mike Pietruk
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 3:11 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: RE: Free-For-All Friday

Jonathan

That's exactly the kind of distinction I would like made.  The kinds of
things you and Petro do are invaluable to folks today (or down the road) in
aiding us to gain more out of pc-audio whereas someone's weekly plug for
their oldies show of 1956 or that beloved tour of their apartment, well who
really cares.
Certainly, Dean Martineau's Weekly TopTechTidbits Newsletter has done a good
job of alerting folks to such things; but more venues for this info, on a
timely basis, is needed.
This is the type of thing where a list such as this can shine.

I see the rationale of discouraging such postings.  Perhaps such
announcements ought to be sent to the moderator who, if he felt they
warranted a mention, would repost them.
Perhaps something else is workable.

wWe need to encourage those that take the time to do such work be it on
their own or at the behest of their employer.