I've found that some pages launch some sort of built in player, and I
haven't found anything to silence those. I recently just saw that
WebVisum has a feature to turn off background audio from web pages. I'm
not sure if it's any more effective than the options already mentioned
here, but you can sign up to use WebVisum and get the Firefox plugin
from http://www.webvisum.com/. Once you're running WebVisum, you can use
control-f2 to bring up the settings, and if you go into Page
Enhancements, you'll see that you can check or unchek the option to
silence background audio. I've got this option checked, but I haven't
really tried it out much yet myself.

Christopher

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Jonathan Mosen List Founder